Sunday, January 27, 2013

Understanding this Wine Blog

I have been using Pinterest and Photostream in an attempt to memorialize my wine musings.  I wanted to take the time to put a little more structure around my thoughts for my own use and that of a few fellow wine bums.

So I am going to commit to a few principles:
 
  • brevity
  • honesty
  • utility

I will quickly describe the wine (winery, vintage, location).
I will be honest about my thoughts on the smell and the taste (inextricably linked).
I will rate them in drinkability and price:
  • -         barely drinkable
  • +        drinkable, every day wine, table wine
  • ++      a step up in taste, worthy of a Friday or Saturday night out with friends
  • +++    incredible, worthy of a special birthday or anniversary celebration
  • ++++  once in a lifetime experience

  • $        $   0-20
  • $$      $ 20-40
  • $$$    $ 40-80
  • $$$$  $ 80+

I will annotate my "favorites" (of any price) and "gems" (those which are +++ and $$ or less).

No comments:

Post a Comment